Friday, May 27, 2011

SCOM: SCOM not recognising SQL Server 2008 and Reporting Services installed

Hi
Yesterday I planned to install “Reporting Server” and “Data Warehouse” for SCOM on Microsoft SQL Server 2008. So to implement it i setup a new Server and Install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Reporting Services in to it but when i run the “Check Prerequisites” from SCOM Installation media it was not recognising the  SQL and Reporting Services Installed.
1
Then I Click on More to check the details of the error.
2
3
Solutions:
The problem was “SCOM” needs “SQL Server 2008” with “Service Pack 1” or later. You can download SQL 2008 service pack 1 from here.
After Installation of Service Pack .. SCOM Detects the SQL Server 2008 and reporting Services.
11
I know its my mistakes. I should read the dependencies and prerequisites before doing anything.But I am sharing it may be it helps someone :)

Thanks
Aman Dhally

No comments:

Post a Comment